Come sailing in Biscayne bay on my 30' Hunter. Hourly & multi-day rates are offered, captained rentals are available upon request.
With warm weather 90% of the year & great wind 75%, some say it's the best place in the USA to sail. Experience it for yourself!
We had a great time on the Hunter. We had a lot of wind, the boat handled well and the sails were easy to get up. The jib was on a furling system so with the amount of wind we had, we easily cruised with just the jib up. Biscayne bay was great to sail. Very relaxing.
We had a great experience renting Patrick's Hunter 30 for a half day of sailing. Patrick responded by email right away and we were in touch by cell phone ahead of time to arrange to meet and go over the boat. He was prompt, very attentive and kind to me and my two boys, and his boat was easy to navigate with his on board GPS for sailing around the bay near the Miami Yacht Club. Would definitely recommend him.
- Patrick was really great about meeting us at the dock and explaining all the ins and outs of the vessel. He also checked in on us during the sail and was there to greet us at the end of the journey and help us put the boat back into the dock. Very nice of him.
- Spacious cockpit with plenty of seating room
- Boat was in generally clean condition; no mold; no smells; clean deck (it's not a new boat... but you're not paying a new boat rate)
- Stereo system
- Great equipment / instruments
- Location: very central for cruising around Miami or heading out to Biscayne Bay
- Slow sailing - we barely hit 3 knots. Not sure if it's the boat or the old sails. I know summer winds are pretty light here in Miami but we were barely moving
- Barnacle growth on the ladder scraped up one of our guests pretty badly. We hope Patrick replaces the ladder or finds a way to remove them before our next trip
Verdict: If you're looking for a calm & comfortable day on the water, this is a great experience.
Patrick was very accommodating and easy to work with. He gave me a good briefing about his boat and the sailing waters. His Hunter 30 was well-rigged and easy to sail. The mounted Garmin GPS made navigating in unfamiliar waters very easy. We had a great family day sail onboard "Dead Line" and look forward to doing it again.
Communication with Patrick is great, at all times. The boat is not in the best conditions, the main sail is missing some sail track slides and maybe this makes the boat very slow on the water. The boat had no water when I took it and the cleanliness was not the best.
Patrick was great. Quick response and very helpful. Boat is in a good location. We spend the day on the bay. Sails could use some updating, but if your looking for a boat to sail for a day or two in the Miami area well worth it. Great electronics. We will use it again!
Patrick is an asset to boat bound. We had an amazing time and he was great in teaching us all how to sail. He let us take the controls as little or as much as we wanted to. On top of that he is also a very interesting person that has lived all around the world. We had a great time and will defiantly sail with him again someday
Our experience was GREAT! Patrick is very communicative and very clear. He went out of his way to be in touch with us, to make sure we were enjoying our trip and that we had everything we needed. We were very happy with Patrick and the Deadline, especially for the price.
It's worth noting that the sail is missing its battens, so we weren't able to make the boat go as quickly as we might have liked, and that the hold is a little musty -- neither were issues for us, but if you were considering staying overnight on the boat, I might encourage you to think again. You could easily entertain multiple couples on the boat, with room for everyone, or enjoy it as we did, just the two of us.
Remember that you're getting a deal -- it's not 100% luxury sailing, but is 100% functional -- and you'll be as happy as we were. We look forward to renting the Deadline again!